Thursday, January 17, 2008

Patricia McCormick, "Sold", pages 1-33

What is your first impression of the book you have chosen?

My impression of the novel that I am reading is a look into the life of a girl of different customs. As I read more into the novel I find out about rituals and hobbies of the main characters, that I find to be from another world or planet. Like, spying on the boy that you have been chosen to marry. This makes me more interested and intrigued about learning more about where this girl comes from and why she does these strange things on a daily bases. In our society, things are opposite from of Lakshmi's. I would never approve of my parents choosing who I will marry and yet Lakshmi seems to be pleased and excited about being a wife to the boy she knows nothing about.

Having a first hand look into another culture is amazing! Reading the vivid details of the writer, lets me imagine a world I never experienced before. Every new challenge the main character faces, leaves me wanting to understand why and makes me want to finish the novel. I don't have an impression of the book, the book has left an impression on me!

No comments: