Saturday, February 16, 2008

"SO B. It", by Sarah Weeks (pages1-36)

First Impression of book:

My first impressions of the novel was that I would have an immediate connection with the main character, Heidi. Heidi is a young girl how's age is unknow still but what is revealed right into the reading is that her mother is mentally challenged. This factor of the book caught my attention and hasn't let go. As I read into the novel more I am intersted to know what a regular day is like for Heidi and her mother. And what kind of obstacles have they faced to get where they are and what are they still left to face in the reading. I think my interst comes from the fact that my son who past away would have been mentally challenge if he survived. He had no oxygen to the brain for over ten mintues and the doctors said there was a big chance he would be in a vegetable sate or mentally disable for the rest of his life. All I cared about was having my son..normal or with a disability. I never got the chance to know what it would be like to live with a person who was mentaaly challenged and I think this book will give me some insight of what I might have faced. And even some closure.

What would you do if faced with the reality of raising a mentally disable child or putting the child in a home where professionals could give him the cared he/she needs?

*I say a mother's love can cure all.

2 comments:

d.hrdy said...

If my child was mentally diable iI would still love her or him the same because they are a part of me. Yes it will be hard but who to say to you that life itself aint hard. Love your chilrden or child no matter what!

d.hrdy said...

If my child was mentally disable I would still love her or him the same because they are a part of me. Yes it will be hard but who to say to you that life itself aint hard. Love your chilrden or child no matter what!