Thursday, May 8, 2008

Business Administration: Final Week

As I round the corner to the finish line of answering my essential question, I felt as if I didn't get in depth information on, what exactly is business administration. Since it is basically all of my essential question I wanted to go back and look it up, so I would be able to describe what business administration is in detail. So I went to wikipedia for the answer, there I found that business administration, "consists of the performance or management of business operations and thus the making or implementing of major decisions. Administration can be defined as the universal process of organizing people and resources efficiently so as to direct activities toward common goals and objectives."(Administration (business) ). I loved this definition because I can see myself doing this type of work for the rest of my life but then this triggered another question that goes into more detail, what does an administrators job on a daliy bases? "Administrators, broadly speaking, engage in a common set of functions to meet the organization's goals. These "functions" of the administrator were described by Henry Fayol.", I also found this info from the wikipedia article. I feel this last bit of research really helped me truly understand the concept of business administration.


*"Administration (business)." wikipedia. wikipedia.com. 14 May 2008 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_administration

No comments: