Thursday, May 8, 2008

Do i have the voice for journalism??

I researched on google on this certain question and found some keys to becoming a public speaker. It's a couple of steps that I would like to mention in my blog. Voice volume is one of them and I feel that i have the proper volume because of the fact i've been told that I was loud. Clarity in your voice is another one of the qualities that you must have to be a good public speaker. Variation, resonance, speaking with confidence and conviction are other qualities that you must have to become a successful public speaker.
Increasing your impact I think is very important because alot of people are good speakers but if what your saying isn't impacting anyone than what your saying is useless. gathering your thoughts together is another important thing you should have because you don't want to just "burble" out anything. That's a weakness for me because it takes me a while to gather my thoughts together so that's something i'm definitely have to work on.
Body language and posture is something that i'm very good at and something that I don't need to work on I think. Communication with others with more ease and less effort is a plus and a negative for me because i think i put in too much effort with more ease. I have it kind of backwards.
Altogether I think that if i pursued this public speaking thing enough that I acn pursue it and make it something that I'm really good at.
www.training-classes.com/learn_k/p/u/b/public-speaking/

2 comments:

$DANNY$ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
$DANNY$ said...

To me yo would have the attitude and qualities to do journalism. I agree with some of the things mentioned in your post about what it takes. You as a person is loud and out spoken and thats the main thing a journalist has to over come for public speaking