Saturday, April 26, 2008

Business Administration: Week 2

As I continue my search into week 2 I start where I left off. Last week I searched for the basics of, business administration, this week I planed on going more in depth into the topic and find out some statics. So I start off by asking, What can a degree in business offer me after graduating? This is an essential question in figuring out whether a degree in business is right for me. I want to know what job opportunities can a business degree get me and what are the salaries like for business graduates. So I went to yahoo.com for the answers, there I found an article explaining the top ten professions for the class of 2004-2005 (College Majors That Boost Your Paycheck). Number five on the list was accounting, with a starting annual income of $42,366 in a public job and $43,003 in a private job, that was perfect for me. This static was one step closer to choosing a business degree because I got expected to ECC, majoring in business administration and minoring in accounting. So being able to graduate and find a well paying job is important to me, I know money isn't everything but being a single mother changes that aspect of life I once had. So I need to get a education that will not only help me financially but my daughter as well.

This lead me to wonder what are the job demands for gradutes? To answer that question I went to a website, jobweb.com, there it stated that " The growing demand for new graduates is a result of an increased demand for employers’ products and services" and "Employers expect the good job market to continue—or perhaps get better" (Class of 2008 Steps Into Good Job Market). What was even better than knowing that by the time I graduate in four years the job maket would expand for graduates but that the number 1 degree demand was, accounting and number 5 was, business administration!!!

I 'm starting to feel that I made the right decision in choosing to go to college for business but I'm only into week two of my research and there still are many uncertainties. But I realized that I am on the right track towards, figuring out and planing my future.

Hargreaves, Steve. "College Majors the boost Your Paycheck." cnnmoney August 17, 2005 may 1,2008 .
(2008). Jobweb. Retrieved May 6, 2008, from Class of 2008 Steps Into Good Job Market Web site: http://www.jobweb.com/Jobs/market.aspx?id=1219

No comments: