Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Would music be a better career for me than Journalism??

Well i've reasearched some more and have found something really interesting to me in this search that i wasn't knowlegable of before. As you can see my questions all stems to the essential question "is journalism really what i want to go to school for"? Now your probably wondering where the music part comes into play. I looked up music as a career on google and it brought me to the Rutgers website. As I looked more into it, I found it interesting that there were more music occupations and careers than the journalsim category. Some occupations that I found were talent agents, technical writers, tour manager, music attorney, music therapist, and even a musical journalist which i found really funny. I thought maybe i could start to research on that and see what that about.
As i go on about my research, i've found some things on music journalist. The website i went to, a BBC article titled "Music Journalist" gave me lots of information and i got to read about what an actual music journalist does. A music journalist writes breaking news stories about music reviews of concerts and records and gets sent all over the world to interview artist. They can be office based but many work as free landers from their home.

No comments: