Friday, April 18, 2008

Business Administrtion: Week 1!

As I began my quest to find the answer to my essential question I started with the basics. What is business administration? So I hopped on the Internet to surf the web, which lead me to Yahoo! Education for the definition.There it explains that business administration is "a college or university course of studies that offers instruction in general business principles and practices" ("Business Administration").This lead me to want more information on the aspects of a business administration degree. Like what courses must I take and how many credits would I need to graduate? To find this answer I wanted to check out a local college here in Buffalo to see what requirements are necessary and what are some basic courses. I chose to look up DeVry College, there they named a hand full of course one can major in to obtain the degree from accounting to human resource management ("About Business Administration"). Knowing I could chose a concentration course out of more than a dozen different areas really excited me because I now would be able to enjoy the studies more by being able to pick a major I am interested in.

Even with the basic principles of my topic I still feel a bit unsure of what things truly make up business administration, so I know I have my work cut out for me! I feel like with every question I answer another one question arises. So now I am left to wonder, will this be a never ending process? What I am sure of is with every questioned answered I am one step closer to knowing if a degree in business administration is right for me.

No comments: